Sunday, March 24, 2013

3 Weeks/One Post

I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since my last post. I really have no excuse except I am a procrastinator! So here's a quick summary of the past few weeks:
March 4-8
We celebrated Dr. Seuss Week in first grade.  The best part of the week for me was successfully using Ipods and other technology for some reading activities.  My Ipod Touches are old, and there aren't any new apps that will work, but the kids enjoyed what I had.  More Ipods or Ipads are definitely on my wish list!  I also brought in my personal Kindle Fire.  That seemed to be a favorite activity.  Maybe more Kindles would be a less expensive alternative to Ipads?  On Thursday we had a "Read-a-Thon" and spread out our blankets to spend the afternoon reading, watching a Dr. Seuss video and enjoying healthy snacks.







March 11-15  Spring Break!

My husband and I went camping.  It was our first solo trip without any of our kids.  It was a wonderful week!  It was really cold on Monday and Monday night, but the weather was perfect the rest of the week.  Hubby fished while I read and crocheted, and then we hiked together and just hung out.  So relaxing!
March 18-22  Back to school!  Coming back after a break is always hard.  This year our report card grades were due so I spent a lot of the week doing some last minute assessments and running records.  I am so pleased with my kids' reading progress this year!  We also did an Exemplar problem in math for their math portfolios, and it was almost too easy for much of the class!  I'll need to search out or create some more challenging problems.  I haven't been as pleased with our writing lately so we will need to spend some time working on that the next few weeks.

Well, that's the past 3 weeks in a nutshell.  On to some Easter/Spring activities next week, along with finishing up our Texas unit and introducing telling time.

No comments:

Post a Comment