Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summer Reading

One of the best things about summer is that I have lots of uninterrupted reading time!  Here's my professional reading list for this summer: (Click on the book covers below to read more about the books on Amazon.)

A Place for Wonder
I actually finished this book right before school ended.  I have plans to set up a discovery center and start some sort of genius hour type project and this book has some fabulous ideas!

Guided Math Conferences

There is a book study going on right now for this newest book from Laney Sammons.  Head over to Primary Inspired for details.  Here's my first post; check back as I share my thoughts on the rest of the book.

Comprehension and Collaboration: Inquiry Circles in Action

Another book to inspire me in my quest to allow more discovery time! Can't go wrong with Stephanie Harvey and Harvey Daniels!

Reading with Meaning: 2nd Edition

Debbie Miller's book has been such an inspiration to me over the years, but I almost passed on getting the 2nd edition.  But  I started to read the preview online at Stenhouse and was intrigued by the changes.  Then a friend started to read it, and her enthusiasm was contagious so into the shopping cart it went!  I'm saving this to read on our upcoming vacation.  Long car trip + quiet time at my mom's = lots of reading!

Who Owns the Learning?

Integrating technology into the classroom is a must for our little digital natives!  Our assistant principal new principal-yeah!- recommended this book as a possibility for a school-wide book study so I thought I'd jump in this summer and get inspired!  Technology is going to be a huge focus in my classroom this year as I was awarded grant money this spring to purchase more iPads. I also preordered this little gadget just because it intrigued me!  (Click here to learn more!)



I'm thinking I may spend this beautiful summer Sunday reading by the pool!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment