Grade Three is the Place for Me is hosting a newbie bloggers blog hop. What a great way to discover new blogs! Link up and tell a little bit about yourself by answering these questions:
1. In what state do you live?
2. What's your current teaching position?
3. Tell about your teaching experience.
4. When did you start blogging?
5. Share a blogging tip or blogging resource.
1. I live in Texas and teach in a suburban district west of Houston. But I grew up in Pennsylvania and, even after 30 years, still consider that home.
2. I teach first grade and absolutely love it!
3. This will be my 31st year of teaching. I have taught 4th grade, a mixed 1/2 class, reading and dyslexia intervention and many years in first grade. I have also been a language arts specialist and a literacy coach.
4. I started my blog this summer in June.
5. Participating in blog hops like this and linkys are a great way to discover new blogs and help other find your blog.
I hope to spend the day creating some things for my classroom. We are changing our approach to spelling and word study so I am redoing my word wall. I plan on spending the day on the computer as I won't be good for much else. My family took a canoe trip yesterday and I am SORE! I haven't canoed that much since Girl Scout camp. It was fantastic to spend the day with the whole family. My "kids" are 25, 22 and 19 so it rare that we all can do something together.