Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Mornings

I love Sunday mornings!  I have always been an early riser, so I still get up quite early even on weekends.  The house is quiet, and for several hours, it's usually just me and my coffee and computer.
I don't have a lot to share about my week.  I was out of my classroom for 2 days helping with STAAR testing, and then spent most of Thursday just catching up.  We also had our Eureka science lab on Thursday.  Eureka is a parent/volunteer led science program my school has been using for a couple of years.  Every couple of weeks, parent volunteers organize a science lab for a grade level.  Our lesson this time was "Capillary Action" to go along with our plant study.  The kids love it!





We did use the MentorMob playlist I created in the computer lab on Friday. (Read about MentorMob here and here.)  The kids really seemed to enjoy it and cheered when I asked them if they wanted me to make another!  There is a way to include a quiz, so I may try that with the next one.

I spent a lot of time yesterday on the computer researching new tech tools and creating some activities.  I can't wait to try out some of them and share what I've learned.  Here's a little math activity I put together to go along with our fact fluency program.  Hope you can use it!
Google Docs

No comments:

Post a Comment