Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It! July 8



I'm finally able to link up with Tara for Monday Made It!  To be fair, my husband did most of the work, but as the little girl in the Shake and Bake commercial used to say in her cute little Southern accent, "And I helped!"  (You have to be pretty old to get that reference!)

Two years ago I made these Rekenreks for my class.  The kids absolutely love them (and love saying "Rekenrek!")  There is an Ipad app and an online version (link) for demonstration purposes, but when I saw this demonstration model on Pinterest, I knew I had to have one.  My husband cut the PVC pieces for me awhile ago, but I didn't pick up the pool noodles until yesterday.  He cut them today, and since they were a little snug, I made the holes a little bigger by sanding them with a sheet of rolled up sandpaper.

I can't wait to use this next year! I somewhat followed the directions given  here.



Just for fun, here's a YouTube video of one of the Shake and Bake commercials I remember!



post signature



1 comment: