Monday, May 27, 2013

Organization...Me?


Ladybug's Teacher Files

I can't believe I am even THINKING about joining an organization linky- I have a lot of strengths but organization isn't one of them.  But I do try!  Here are some things I have done this year that have made my life a little easier.


Last summer it seemed like these teacher toolkits were everywhere on blogs and Pinterest!  I am so glad I jumped on the bandwagon.   I love knowing where all my supplies are!  Now I just need to remember to restock it from time to time. 




I have shared how I organize my math supplies in previous posts, but I love how this system works for me.  I like my students to have access to many different manipulatives.  The labeled boxes make it easy for the kids to find what they need and know where to return everything.  Another math idea I used this year is a math toolkit for each student.  Each students keeps a ziplock bag in his/her desk with counters, a number line, a double ten frame, and a hundreds chart.  I loved not having to pass out these things when starting a lesson, and they had many tools for problem solving right in their desks.


These little coupon holders from the Dollar Spot at Target are perfect for organizing word cards and journal prompts!  Click here if you'd like to read more about how I use journal prompts.


Evernote may prove to be the most useful organizational tool I have ever used!  I'm still just exploring the possibilities, but I'm already in love!  I am the new team leader for our first grade team and will need to attend a lot of meetings and share information with my team.  Hopefully by using Evernote to take notes and organize them, I will be able to keep my team informed and complete whatever tasks administration asks of me.  Read about my love of Evernote here!
Evernote has been very useful during writing conferences these last few weeks. Right now I'm searching for other useful tools and tips as I really want to step up my writing instruction next year.  Please check out my very first linky- Writing Tips- and share some of your tips and strategies for effective writing instruction.
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol! You look organized to me!! I loved reading about your methods. That teacher toolbox is a godsend, isn't it? Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you could see my classroom right now you would see how very DISorganized I can be! But I'm learning a lot through this linky1
      Carol

      Delete
  2. Hi Carol!
    Ok- 2 things that I also use daily and LOVE- Evernote and those little card holders from the Dollar Spot at Target! Evernote is hands down my most favorite app- I use it for everything! Those card holders have been huge in helping me feel organized with my center materials at school. Excited I found a similar organizing friend and i'm happy to be your newest follower- looking forward to coming back and reading your other ideas!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just starting to discover all that Evernote can do but I love it!
      Carol

      Delete
  3. Hi~I'm a big fan of Evernote too. :) I found your blog via the linky. Have a great day!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evernote is great, isn't it? Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete