Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saturday Smorgasbord: Ramblings and Resolutions

One of my New Year's resolutions was to spend more time doing the things I love. Blogging is one of the things I love,  but for several months I have just not been able to motivate myself to write. In an attempt to get back into regular blogging I am going to try pre-planning some posts using themes.
Of course, if this fat cat doesn't stop sitting on my laptop, I might not even get this post finished!

Here's the plan:
Saturday Smorgasbord: Whatever pops into my head, teaching related or not!
Technology Tuesday: How I am using technology in my classroom.
Thoughtful Thursday:  My thoughts on books I am reading, issues in education or what's happening in my classroom or school
Hopefully having a plan will get me fired up about blogging again!

So here are my ramblings for today!

  • A friend I've know since elementary school has written a wonderful book based on her experiences as a kindergarten teacher.  Check out The Book of Frank by Debbie Marsh.  You will laugh a lot, maybe cry a little and definitely relate! 
  • I am obsessed with pasta lately! (Another New Year's resolution was to eat healthier, and I know that Paleo or low-carb, gluten free eating is all the rage, but I love my carbs!)  Right before Christmas my husband and I went to dinner at a friend's house, and she had us all help make pasta.  I was hooked, and a few days later I found myself the owner of a new KitchenAid mixer and the pasta making attachments. (When your husband says "You know you want it so go ahead and order it", you DO NOT hesitate.  I couldn't get that baby in my Amazon cart fast enough!)  I've tried both the fettuccine and spaghetti cutters and made some very good whole wheat pasta.  Next up: ravioli.

  • This year has been all about utilizing technology in my classroom.  I am loving our new learning platform, Canvas by Instructure.  I'll share more about it in a future post, but for now I just want to say it has been a great way to help my little ones access websites, view videos and complete workstation activities more independently.  I've even been asked to become a teacher trainer for my district, and I am super excited!
Thanks for stopping by and see you Tuesday!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment