I'm linking up for the first time with Doodle Bugs Teaching for 5 for Friday, even though it's Saturday morning!
1. I love technology! I enjoyed our staff development day on Monday because I got a chance to share some of the things I have learned recently with my team. I was so flattered when a couple of my teammates started using my Smart board calendar. (Disclaimer: It's not totally "my" calendar. I adapted it from a couple that others have shared online.)
2. I started using Twitter for professional growth this week. It's almost overwhelming! Check out Donna's post here: Math Coach's Corner.
3. It still amazes me how much I am enjoying teaching math since I returned to the classroom after years of immersing myself in literacy. I love how my kids have started saying "I solved it a different way" before I even ask!
4. But I may need to revisit my literacy roots and do some reteaching. One of my little girls raised her hand yesterday to tell me she found one of our "values" in a story. A bit puzzled, I asked her to repeat her comment. She said, "I found one of our values; you know 'or' in horn." You know the values, right? A, E, I, O and U! (The vowel-r combination "or" was our word study focus a couple of weeks ago.)
5. Spring break fever has hit early this year! I am so ready for a break. Hubby and I made reservations to go camping this year. It will be kind of strange as this will be our first solo camping trip without kids. But he'll fish, I'll read and sew, and we will both just enjoy being together in the great outdoors!
Since it's Saturday, I'll do random thought number 6 to make this Six for Saturday! My husband and joke about not being able to get rid of our oldest 2 kids who both still live at home. But our youngest seems determined to make up for it. Not only did she choose to attend college in Colorado instead of here in Texas, she called yesterday to see if she could apply for a summer program in Belize!
|I could handle Belize right about now!|